This is the story of 3 Friends from 3 different countries who enjoy sharing their love for scrapbooking with their readers.
Voici l'histoire de 3 Copines vivant dans 3 pays différents qui vous donnent rendez-vous chaque mois pour partager leur passion du scrap...

23 mars 2011

Virginia's take on Liana's sketch



Our guest designer Virginia, who started this month's theme is back with some amazing projects! There are all based on Liana's sketch presented here.


Notre invitée Virginia qui est aussi à l'origine du thème de ce mois est de retour avec de magnifiques réalisations basées sur le sketch de Liana.






a lay-out:
une page:




About the Buckingham Palace page:
This is my first time using a sketch to make a layout and I wonder why I didn't do it sooner! The sketch really makes it easy to design and plan a page. The photo of me was taken in May 2010 in front of Buckingham Palace. I didn't see the Queen, but just by being there, I felt that I had lived a full life and was so happy that I could finally visit the famous Palace. Thus the title "Seize the Day"  and I used the sentiment "Remember to....live in moment !"


C'est la première fois que j'utilise un sketch pour faire une page et je me demande bien pourquoi je ne l'ai pas fait plutot! La photo a été prise en mai dernier devant le Palais de Buckingham. Non, je n'ai pas vu la Reine mais rien que le fait d'y etre m'a provoqué un sentiment inoubliable et j'étais très heureuse de pouvoir visiter le palais. Le titre "Cueille le jour" a été collé sur des morceaux de tampon Hero Arts ( le tampon est rectangulaire, sorte d enaperon ajouré, j'ai donc tamponné l'image puis découpé les pointes pour les utiliser en banderolles)







Virginia's cards:
les cartes de Virginia:


About the card "Caring Thoughts":
I could have made an England-inspired card, but our minds and concerns these days are mostly centered on the terrible calamities of Japan. I can't help but make a card as my tribute to Japan. Japan is a country that my father deeply admired. My father was a Taiwanese and was educated under the government of Japan for 20 some years. Taiwan was once occupied and ruled by Japan for 50 years and the ruling ended in 1945 after Japanese surrender in World War II. To this day, Taiwan is still deeply influenced by Japan. My thoughts and prayer are with the people in Japan.


J'avais d'abord pensé faire une carte inspiré du sujet "So British" et puis mon esprit a rejoint les victimes du terrible Tsunami au Japon ...Mon père admirait le Japon. Il était Taiwanais et a fait toute son éducation pendant l'occupation japonaise. (le Japon avait dans l'idée de faire de Taiwan un modèle, l'occupation a duré 50 ans et a pris fin après la capitulation du Japon en 1945) L'influence du Japon sur l'ile est encore palpable aujourd'hui. Toutes mes pensées vont à ce peuple meurtri.






About the card "Wishing you well":
I used the fabulous Japanese Washi Tape (another Japanese invention). Again, this is a Japan-inspired card. Very simple but I like it, too!


J'ai utilisé le scotch décoratif japonais, le Washi tape, voici donc une deuxième carte inspiré par le Japon. Elle est simple mais je l'aime bien! Encore une fois, tous les tampons sont de Hero Arts.

7 commentaires:

alexandra s.m. a dit…

Thank you so much Virginia!!
When I see the beauties you have made, I just want to scrap & stamp!!

BUSIR a dit…

Such a good interpretation of the sketch from Virginia.Being very fond of england i love it .Y.S

Pascale a dit…

This is absolutely brilliant, Virginia! The page you made using the sketch is just stunning, and I love your cards, and especially the fact that you had a caring thought for Japan... I love the "sakura" card.

Moi, mon nombril a dit…

Gorgeous !

Virginie a dit…

Wonderful!!! Love your takes on Liana's sketch!!
Thank you so much Virginia!!!

xoxo

Virginia L. a dit…

It gives me such a tremendous pleasure to contribute and be part of this inspiring blog! I thank you for the wonderful opportunity and support! Wish you much success in continuing to inspire others! I LOVE it here!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 a dit…

Love your layout and cards Virginia - especially how you have the lamps hanging in the second card - and the soft colours.
I hope to go do some things British, as I have quite a lot of photos from my trip there last year.